Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Irish Instruments

My new Irish Flute came in the mail today, so I thought now would be a good time to post some pictures and recordings of all my Irish Instruments. Unfortunately, some not completely identified error occurred making me unable to upload pictures from a camera; and there does not seem to be a microphone anywhere in this hemisphere. So here are a couple of pictures that roughly match my particular items and some links to other people playing that instrument:
This is an Irish Flute, and this is Matt Molloy, the ingenious fluter from the Chieftains, playing one.
This is a Tin Whistle, and this is Paddy Moloney, the founder, leader, and piper for The Chieftains, playing one.
This is a Bodhran, and this is John Joe Kelly of Flook, proving its merit.
And this, as I'm sure you know, is a Fiddle. And this is John Sheahan, from the Dubliners, playing, oh, playing...

No comments:

Post a Comment